CURRENT UNIT: Unit 10 World War I and Russian Revolution
Unit Homework & Assessments:
- Due 4/4: Have completed 2 readings: (1) "The Origins of World War I: Militant Patriotism" p. 156 (Sherman); (2) "Germany and the Coming of War" p. 156-157 (Sherman) AND Chapter 14.1-14.2
- Due 4/6: "Origins of World War I" Viewpoints Due / Seminar.
- Due 4/17: Woodrow Wilson's "Fourteen Points" reading notes, summaries of the 14 points.
- Due 4/18 Bonus: Maps of World War I Due
- Due 4/19: Read and take notes on Chapter 10.5 (p 348-353). 1. What were the major obstacles to progress in Russia? 2. Explain why Russian tsars followed a cycle of absolutism, reform and repression. 3. How did Russia industrialize? 4. Why did the problems on industrialization contributed to the outbreak of revolution in Russia?
- Due 4/24: The Collapse of Tsarist Russia Viewpoints / Reading Guide. Russian Revolution - The Collapse of Tsarist Russia Viewpoints Assignment Sheet
- Due 4/27: (1) Read 482-483 "Building the Communist Soviet Union" How did the government and the economy under Lenin differ from "pure" communism? How did power transfer from Lenin to Stalin? (2) Read Ch 16.4 (p. 542-549) Answer the checkpoint questions and define the terms. 2 column notes.
Monday, April 3:
Tuesday, April 4: SNOW DAY!
Wednesday, April 5 - Friday, April 7
Monday, April 10:
Tuesday, April 11 - PSAT Testing - No Class
Wednesday, April 12:
Thursday, April 13 - Friday, April 14: No Class
Monday, April 17:
Tuesday, April 18:
Wednesday, April 19: Russian Revolution Introduction
Thursday, April 21:
Friday, April 21 - Teacher Prof. Development (no classes)
Monday, April 24:
Tuesday, April 25: (Sub)
Wednesday, April 26:
Thursday, April 27:
Friday, April 28:
Monday, May 1:
- Test World War I and Russian Revolution
- Wiemar Germany Reading, Due 5/2
Tuesday, May 2: Totalitarian Sim.
Wednesday, May 3 - Friday, May 5:
Tuesday, May 8 - May 10:
Thursday, May 8 - Friday, May 9: Cold War Presentations
Monday, May 15 - Tuesday, May 16:
Wednesday, May 17: Senior Breakfast / No School
Thursday, May 18 - Friday, May 19:
May 22-25: Final Exams.
LINKS: External Resources
Battle of the Marne
David Lloyd George
PROJECTS / SKILLS / DEBATE / DISCUSSION: